Thai2English Terms of Service.
Thanks for using Thai2English! We're happy you're here. Please read this Terms of Service agreement carefully before accessing or using Thai2English. By using Thai2English, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service, please do not use Thai2English. If you have any questions about the Terms of Service, please contact us.
- The “Agreement” refers, collectively, to all the terms, conditions, notices contained or referenced in this document (the “Terms of Service” or the "Terms") and all other operating rules, policies (including the Thai2English Privacy Statement, available at www.thai2english.com/site/privacy) and procedures that we may publish from time to time on the Website.
- The “Service” refers to the applications, software, products, and services provided by Thai2English.
- The "Site" or the “Website” refers to Thai2English's website located at www.thai2english.com, and all content, services, and products provided by Thai2English at or through the Website.
- “The User,” “You,” and “Your” refer to the individual person, company, or organization that has visited or is using the Website or Service; that accesses or uses any part of the Account; or that directs the use of the Account in the performance of its functions. A User must be at least 13 years of age.
- "Thai2English", “We,” and “Us” refer to thai2english.com, as well as our affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, contractors, licensors, officers, agents, and employees.
- “Content” refers to content featured or displayed through the Website, including without limitation text, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, designs, features, and other materials that are available on the Website or otherwise available through the Service. "Content" also includes Services. “User-Generated Content” is Content, written or otherwise, created or uploaded by our Users. "Your Content" is Content that you create or own.
- An "Account" represents your legal relationship with Thai2English. A “User Account” represents an individual User’s authorization to log in to and use the Service and serves as a User’s identity on Thai2English.
B) Account Terms
1. Account Controls
Subject to these Terms, you retain ultimate administrative control over your User Account and the Content within it.
2. Required Information
You must provide a valid email address in order to complete the signup process. When creating an account using Facebook Authentication, Google OAuth or Twitter OAuth, we additionally collect basic account information as detailed in the Thai2English Privacy Statement.
3. Account Requirements
We have a few simple rules for User Accounts:
- You must be a human to create an Account. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- One person or legal entity may maintain no more than one free Account.
- You must be age 13 or older. If we learn of any User under the age of 13, we will terminate that User’s Account immediately.
- Your login may only be used by one person — i.e., a single login may not be shared by multiple people.
4. User Account Security
You are responsible for keeping your Account secure while you use our Service.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your Account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and password. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You will promptly notify Thai2English if you become aware of any unauthorized use of, or access to, our Service through your Account, including any unauthorized use of your password or Account.
C) Acceptable Use
Your use of the Website and Service must not violate any applicable laws, including copyright or trademark laws, export control or sanctions laws, or other laws in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for making sure that your use of the Service is in compliance with laws and any applicable regulations.
You agree that you will not under any circumstances violate our Acceptable Use Policies.
D) User-Generated Content
1. Responsibility for User-Generated Content
You may create or upload User-Generated Content while using the Service. You are solely responsible for the content of, and for any harm resulting from, any User-Generated Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service, regardless of the form of that Content. We are not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User-Generated Content.
2. We May Remove Content
We do not pre-screen User-Generated Content, but we have the right (though not the obligation) to refuse or remove any User-Generated Content that, in our sole discretion, violates any Thai2English terms or policies.
3. License Grant to Us
We need the legal right to do things like host Your Content, publish it, and share it. You grant us and our legal successors the right to store, parse, and display Your Content, and make incidental copies as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service. This includes the right to do things like copy it to our database and make backups; show it to you and other users; parse it into a search index or otherwise analyze it on our servers; share it with other users; and perform it, in case Your Content is something like music or video.
This license does not grant Thai2English the right to sell Your Content or otherwise distribute or use it outside of our provision of the Service.
4. License Grant to Other Users
Any User-Generated Content you post publicly may be viewed by others.
5. Moral Rights
By submitting any content to the Site you agree that:
- You are the sole author of and are personally responsible for any content you submit (e.g. a written review) and you own any intellectual property rights that relate to it;
- all 'moral rights' that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you; and
- We may contact you at the e-mail address attached to your account to request a review or to notify you about the status of your review.
You agree that you won't submit anything that:
- is false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- has been copied from anyone else, or infringes on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- violates any law or is considered to be offensive e.g. threatening, libellous or racially or religiously biased
To the extent this agreement is not enforceable by applicable law, you grant Thai2English the rights we need to use Your Content without attribution and to make reasonable adaptations of Your Content as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service.
E) Intellectual Property Notice
1. Thai2English's Rights to Content
Thai2English and our licensors, vendors, agents, and/or our content providers retain ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to the Website and Service. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you under this Agreement or by law.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site without further notice to users of the Site.
The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, registered trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by You of any such matters or any part of the Site is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
Some of the data in the dictionary comes from NECTEC LEXiTRON data, which requires the following notice: "This product is created by the adaptation of LEXiTRON developed by NECTEC (http://www.nectec.or.th/)"
All suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts and other information you may from time to time send to us (collectively, "Submissions") shall be deemed and shall remain our sole property and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part. Without limiting the foregoing, we shall be deemed to own all known and hereafter existing rights of every kind and nature regarding the Submissions and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
F) API Terms
No Abuse or Overuse of the API
Abuse or excessively frequent requests to Thai2English via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your Account's access to the API. Thai2English, in our sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API.
You may not share API tokens to exceed Thai2English's rate limitations.
All use of the Thai2English API is subject to these Terms of Service and the Thai2English Privacy Statement.
Thai2English may offer subscription-based access to our API for those Users who require high-throughput access or access that would result in resale of Thai2English's Service.
G) Cancellation and Termination
1. Account Cancellation
It is your responsibility to properly cancel your Account with Thai2English. You can cancel your Account at any time by emailing [email protected]
2. Upon Cancellation
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, but barring legal requirements, we will delete your full profile within 90 days of cancellation or termination (though some information may remain in encrypted backups). This information can not be recovered once your Account is cancelled.
Upon request, we will make a reasonable effort to provide an Account owner with a copy of your lawful, non-infringing Account contents after Account cancellation, termination, or downgrade. You must make this request within 90 days of cancellation, termination, or downgrade.
3. Thai2English May Terminate
Thai2English has the right to suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. Thai2English reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
All provisions of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination will survive termination — including, without limitation: ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
H) Communications with Thai2English
For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form via the email address you have submitted or via the Service; and (2) agree that all Terms of Service, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that those communications would satisfy if they were on paper. This section does not affect your non-waivable rights.
I) Disclaimer of Warranties
Thai2English provides the Website and the Service “as is” and “as available,” without warranty of any kind. Without limiting this, we expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the Website and the Service including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, security, accuracy and non-infringement.
Thai2English does not warrant that the Service will meet your requirements; that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; that the information provided through the Service is accurate, reliable or correct; that any defects or errors will be corrected; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your downloading and/or use of files, information, content or other material obtained from the Service.
J) Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss of profits, use, goodwill, or data, or for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, however arising, that result from
- the use, disclosure, or display of your User-Generated Content;
- your use or inability to use the Service;
- any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service;
- the Service generally or the software or systems that make the Service available;
- unauthorized access to or alterations of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Service;
- any other user interactions that you input or receive through your use of the Service; or
- any other matter relating to the Service.
Our liability is limited whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damages, and even if a remedy set forth in this Agreement is found to have failed of its essential purpose. We will have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond our reasonable control.
K) Release and Indemnification
If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you agree to release Thai2English from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You agree to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website and the Service, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement, provided that Thai2English (1) promptly gives you written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (2) gives you sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that you may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases Thai2English of all liability); and (3) provides to you all reasonable assistance, at your expense.
L) Changes to These Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to amend these Terms of Service at any time and will update these Terms of Service in the event of any such amendments. We will notify our Users of material changes to this Agreement, such as price changes, at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect by posting a notice on our Website. For non-material modifications, your continued use of the Website constitutes agreement to our revisions of these Terms of Service.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice.
M) Third Party Services
The Site includes links to other websites or material which are beyond its control. Thai2English is not responsible in any way for content outside the Site.
2. Third Party Merchants
We allow access to or advertise third-party merchant sites ("Merchants") from which you may purchase or otherwise obtain certain goods or services. You understand that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and customer service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and Merchants. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF SUCH MERCHANTS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY US, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE.
1. Applicable Law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
Thai2English may assign or delegate these Terms of Service and/or the Privacy Statement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent, including the license grant in Section D.4. You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Terms of Service or Privacy Statement without our prior written consent, and any unauthorized assignment and delegation by you is void.
3. Severability, No Waiver, and Survival
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of Thai2English to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
4. Amendments; Complete Agreement
This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized representative of Thai2English, or by the posting by Thai2English of a revised version in accordance with Section "Changes to These Terms". These Terms of Service, together with the Thai2English Privacy Statement, represent the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and us. This Agreement supersedes any proposal or prior agreement oral or written, and any other communications between you and Thai2English relating to the subject matter of these terms including any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreements.