เกน [ เกน ]gayn
This is an approximate indication of how common a word is in Thai.
[ Noun ]
The following results were found by doing a reverse lookup of the English > Thai dictionary for เกน. They can be helpful in providing similar or alternatives words, and to show more context in how เกน can be used.
Sounds similar to...
- [to] eat ; consume (As well as food, กิน is also used when referring to drinks and medicines in Thai.)
- criterion ; standard ; measure
- [to] draft ; conscript (into the armed forces)
- unwillingly ; spiritlessly ; dearly
- axle ; axis ; spindle
- core ; heart of wood ; kernel
- [to be] twisted ; disfigured ; lame
- gay ; homosexual
- [to be] pretty ; stylish ; attractive
- fake ; false ; counterfeit
Did You Know ?Counting high numbers in Thai
Counting in Thai is relatively straightforward, and by memorising only 17 words you can count into the millions. Due to the frequent need to haggle prices in Thailand, knowing the numbers and being able to count comes in very useful. The numbers 1-10 form the basis of all the others. For the numbers greater than 19, the multiple of ten is placed before สิบ sip at the start of the number. For instance, 30 is saam sip which if translated literally is just "three ten". Numbers in the twenties are an exception though, as 20 is yee sip not song sip.
Read More >>