เกน [ เกน ]gayn
This is an approximate indication of how common a word is in Thai.
[ Noun ]
Sounds similar to...
- [to] eat ; consume (As well as food, กิน is also used when referring to drinks and medicines in Thai.)
- criterion ; standard ; measure
- [to] draft ; conscript (into the armed forces)
- unwillingly ; spiritlessly ; dearly
- axle ; axis ; spindle
- core ; heart of wood ; kernel
- [to be] twisted ; disfigured ; lame
- gay ; homosexual
- [to be] pretty ; stylish ; attractive
- fake ; false ; counterfeit
Did You Know ?Interjections In Thai
อ้าว aao shows surprise or disappointment at an unexpected turn of events.
โอ้โห oh ho or shortened form ho show surprise, admiration or amazement at something. It's a exclamation you often hear from TV sports commentators who like to say it every time a player does something skillful. โอ้โห is a bit broader in scope than ว้าว wao from the English "wow!" , just used for showing admiration.
แหม mae also shows surprise, but without the element of disappointment of อ้าว . One common use of it is in a joking way when reacting to an obvious exaggeration, lie, boastful comment, or over/under-reaction. It's a bit more common in female speech than in male.
Read More >>